2009/12/16

Essay 2-03b: Lerning Language is my life

I have been studying foreign languages since I was an elementary school student. However I learned a language before that, when I was a child. The language is Japanese. Japanese is my mother tongue. I have learned it through our life. Now I’m majoring English at KGU because I think English is common language all over the world. I want to communicate with a lot of foreigner. In addition, I am interested in foreign language and country. So I have been studying English until now. I am going to write about my learning language history.

When I was an elementary school student, I started to study English. I took private lessons and studied English there once a week. I learned English through talking, games and songs. It was very interesting for me to learn English in those ways. In addition, I took part in an English camp that was organized by the private English school. I communicated with native English speakers and they understood my spoken English. Then I felt glad and exciting. It was my most impressive experience. Since then, I have enjoyed English and decided to study English more.

I also learn Japanese. At Japanese, I learn hiragana, katakana and kanji. My first learning of kanji is “δΈ€”. I especially like to learn kanji and it continued when I was a high school student. So I have second grade of examination of kanji.

Being a junior high school student, I started to study English in earnest. However I didn’t like to study grammar. I studied grammar very hard every day. As a result, I understood it. Once a week, I had an oral communication class that ALT taught us. ALT stands for Assistant Language Teacher. We learn English through some games and songs in the class. I was looking forward to taking the class every week. When I was a third grade, I took part in English recitation contest in Kumamoto. I practiced hard with my friends, my English teacher and the ALT, but other people speak more fluently than I and I felt depressed and thought I want to speak in English more after the contest. It was a good experience for me.

At the high school, I study English hard sake of enter college. I wanted to specialize in English and communication in college. I memorized words everyday for that purpose. I made word books myself and always carried it. It was effective in memorize a lot of words.

At KGU, I’m taking English classes, writing, reading, listening and speaking when I was a freshman. Those classes are useful for my English ability. In addition, I studied a second foreign language, German. I was interested in it because, German grammar resembles like English grammar. German is used mainly in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium and so on.

I couldn’t take German class this year, so I am studying only English now. I want to take German class next year. Now I’m studying English more deep. For example, I’m learning to how to read English newspapers, understand inter-cultural communications, read American literature. I can know English from various points of view. I really think that it was good to enter KGU.

In the future, I hope I can communicate with various foreign country people. Even now if I can speak more English fluently, I want to visit a lot of foreign countries and communicate with the local people. I especially want to visit America, Canada, Australia and so on. I visit to like that country and want to make a lot of friends. That is my goal in life.

Thus, I learned three languages. I remind my learning language history, I have continued with learning it when I was child. Languages are important to communicate with other people. If we don’t have language, we can’t talk, communicate, send e-mail and write letters. However, it is difficult for us to learn languages. I think that it is important to continue with learn language through our usually life.

(672 words, total: 7677 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Proto-Portfolios

Followers

Blog Archive